Sunday, June 1, 2008

Having a son in the mission field.


So having a son serving a mission is wonderful. It truly is. We see and feel the blessings from his service in so many ways but it is taking longer than I thought! You know, when someone else has a son on a mission, it seems to go so fast! When I would ask someone, how long has your son been out and they would tell me "9 months", I couldn't believe it had been that long already. Well, Mason has been out 9 months and the time is dragging! UGH I wouldn't want him to be anywhere else, but I am really looking forward to our year mark. Then we can start counting down and we will have more time behind us then we do in front of us!

Our Mother's Day call was great. Mason bore his testimony in Portuguese which left both Bruce and I in tears. I can't really express in words how bizarre and wonderful it is to hear one of your children speaking another language fluently. The gospel is amazing! His testimony has been so strengthened and we love hearing about the experiences that he is having.

When he gets home he wants to make us a brazilian specialty. An avocado shake! It's made with avocado, milk and sugar and blended in a blender. Doesn't sound too great to me -- maybe if I think about having to try it, I won't be quite so anxious for him to come home!

5 comments:

Pancake said...

YEA DEB!! Welcome to bloggerville! Love the picture of Mason! He looks GREAT! My friend Leia is from Brasil, when it gets close to Mason coming home I can get you an authentic dish to make! I am so happy you have a blog! Does Tracey and Sheri?

Jer & Di said...

Way to go Deb...now I need to come and see you to figure out the cuter templates! Welcome to blog-ville!

Pancake said...

PS I tried to do the vacation thingy, and it wont let me ...

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Hi Deb! It's great to read about Mason on his mission. He's such an awesome man.

Redhoodoos said...

Hi. I found your blog from the Comcewens blog. I have a son in Russia and it is hard. He went to the MTC in February and has been in Russia for 1 month. Time is not flying fast enough! You have a great blog.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map