Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blessings 101 and Tagged again!

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed with your blessings? This is how I have been feeling lately. It seems as if the planets are in perfect alignment over our house and I don't want to do anything to upset the balance of the cosmos! Our three adult children are all amazing. We have a son in law whom we just love. They all have a desire to be obedient to their earthly parents (can you believe that means me?) and to their Heavenly Father, they are all making righteous decisions and we couldn't be happier. That in and of itself is a tremendous blessing, but lately I have been feeling so grateful for where we live.

We are living in the best kept secret in Southern California. Our house stands at 6000 feet amidst tall pines. Here is a picture of our house in the winter and a picture of our house in the summer. We get snow every winter which I know sounds so strange for So Cal.



We also have our very own chapel that we don't have to share with another ward! I know, I know....everyone altogether now with one big....Awwwwwww.... We have our own stage, satellite dish and baptismal font. The time for Sacrament never changes. It's been 9:30am for the 18 years that we have lived here. Here's also a picture of the road from our house to the chapel.




I also really enjoy the wildlife that can be found in our area. Here's a list of animals that our family has actually seen with our two eyes: Rattlesnakes, bats, owls, blue jays, squirrels, raccoons, foxes, roadrunners, bobcats, coyote, red tail hawks, deer, bear and bighorn sheep! We have mountain lions, but we haven't met one in person, hubby has just seen tracks.

There are only 3000 full time residents in our little community and it has been such a wonderful place to raise a family. I am so grateful for all of the wildlife and nature that our Heavenly Father has created for us to enjoy. I certainly do!!

Now I have also gotten tagged again!! Maybe I shouldn't have enjoyed it so much the first time!! lol

Anyway, so here goes:


1. 4 places I visit frequently:
*Work
*Target
*Coldstones
*Post Office


2. 4 People who call/Text/Email me regularly:
*Hubby
*Brooke
*Brittany
*Vicki


3. 4 favorite foods
*Shrimp
*Kraft Mac and cheese
*Creme Brulee
*Anything from Claim Jumper


4. 4 Places I'd rather be:
*In Utah with my kids
*In the temple
*Greece
*Australia


5. 4 Movies I'd watch over and over:
*Newsies
*Anne of Green Gables
*Monty Python and the Holy Grail
*George of the Jungle


6. 4 Bands/Groups I like to listen to...
*Rockapella
*Neil Diamond
*Rod Stewart
*Michael Buble

17 comments:

Redhoodoos said...

You live in such a beautiful beautiful area! I think the reason you are fortunate is because you have such a grateful heart.

Loved your list of favorites! Neil Diamond is the man!

Beeswax said...

I saw a Neil Diamond concert a few years ago. I love the early classics album!

I was in San Diego this week, and on the way home through the mountains, I wondered, is this the Kitchen Ditcher's country?

Jan said...

That looks picture perfect. Is it close to Grants Pass area? We went there not to long ago and then went to CA and saw some cute little places along there. Love that area.

Love your home. So nice and cozy in the trees. You church building looks like a nice one. Ours is so predictable.

Nice tag and learned alot about you. I am glad you feel so blessed today. That is a gift in so many ways.

kitchenditcher said...

Red-Props to another Neil Diamond lover!

Beeswax- If you were on the 15 fwy you might have been in my country!

Jan-Nope, this isn't Grants Pass, OR but southern calif. But I've been to Grants Pass and it is gorgeous too!

Pancake said...

Deb, I know you are a blessing in my life!!

Da Bergs said...

Great post, we all need to take the time to count our blessings!

Lisa Loo said...

Wow! Such a beautiful home and yard! I've always wanted to live somewhere for 18 years--I think it brings a certain peace all its own. Thanx for sharing. Loved your grateful heart too--reminded me to stop whining and work on a gratitude attitude. YEAH!! A Monty Python and the Holy Grail fan!! That makes you a kindred spirit. (I love Anne of Green Gables too)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTFUL PICTURES!! you have a Gorgeous house!!! and you are lucky to be so close to your church building!!!

and i love learning more about you!!!!

tiki_lady said...

wow, that is almost utopia! congrats for having such a faithful family. I know things could not have been easy always because some of our greatest blessings come through our toughest storms. Enjoy the calm and reap the blessings.

Gary & Julie said...

Deb, your house looks awesome! Hey I saw your comment on the wisniewski's blog and I should have my tagging done by Wednesday. I know I'm slackin'

craigandlissa said...

Such a good reminder of how blessed we are. I love your house, I am so ready to leave the desert. We are looking for a place to retire that is a little kinder and gentler. I can't believe you've been gone 18 years.

chelle said...

Hi Kitchen Ditcher:
Kraft Mac and cheese? All I can say is one of these this is not like the other! (JK)

Love that you love where you live.

When people asked as my life, I say, "I am blessed: I love where I live and I love who I live with!" Sounds like you! m

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know...i changed my blog address to
merrianne.blogspot.com

see ya there ♥

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You are greatly blessed! Such wonderful blessings too. It's wonderful to be able to have periods in life when the Lord lets us have a breather so we can just enjoy the bounteous blessings, isn't it?

Hugs,
Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Gary & Julie said...

Thanks for noticing (I missed it because my life is CHAOTIC...didn't you read it). Just joking, well adding another word was easy enough.

Mikki said...

Ok, is it Idyllwild, or Big Bear?
Beautiful pictures. I love the mountains.

Elisa said...

Ok. I am jealous of where you live!! It is bee-YOO-tiful!
I love Kraft Mac n cheese! Yum!

You are a blessed woman! So fun to learn more about you! I love Newsies too! :>)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map