Monday, July 7, 2008

ER

THIS...










PLUS THIS.....















UNFORTUNATELY EQUALED THIS....




Hubby's summertime project is to replace our upstairs back deck. During the demolition process, DH stepped back thinking there was something there and fell through our deck. On his way down, a rusty old nail caught the back of his leg and we had to run him to emergency where he ended up with some internal stitches (the nail cut into the muscle) and 8 external stitches.


While growing up, his mother told me that they were on a first name basis with the emergency personnel at their local hospital. If anything was going to happen to my husband as a child, it would be to get stitches. Whenever someone would call her and tell her that she needed to come quickly because one of her sons was hurt and needed stitches, she knew immediately which son it would be!
So here's to one more battle scar for hubby. Because it has happened so often, he takes it very well. In fact, he was joking on the way to to the hospital. I was laughing so hard...he had me in stitches!! Groan......I know.....

6 comments:

Jan said...

Poor guy. That must be an awfully hard thing to carry through life. All those scars.

Sorry that had to happen, but at least you were warned on how it was going to be with him..

Hope it all works out..

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Goodness! Not a pleasant surprise to step backward to THAT! I'm the accident-prone one in our marriage so Hubby always tells me to be careful when I go out into the garden... and he's truly concerned when he says it too. ;)

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Anonymous said...

OUCHHHHH!!! That sounds soo painful!!!!! Poor Guy! I hope he heals up QUICKLY!!

Anonymous said...

dang that sound like it hurt!

chelle said...

OUCH! I have a son like that as well. One just bounces and the other has had 82 stitches in his head. And he is only 6! Maybe they are related. Glad Hubby has a good attitude about it. M

Da Bergs said...

Omigosh! How painful that must of been!!! I have missed you... how are ya??? Love ya!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map